PFAH (Parish Families Against Hunger)
Every day, 40,000 children die from starvation. That is one every five seconds!
What can we do about it?
Please consider supporting our fundraising events throughout the year and joining us on packaging day.
Parish Families Against Hunger (PFAH)
- Ministry of Five Saints Community-- St. Cecelia, Algona; St. Michael, Whittemore; St. Joseph, Bode; and St. Peter and Paul, West Bend.
- Mission is to package meals for our Twin Parish in Jeanne de Chantal, Haiti.
- Our goal is to raise approximately $35,000 to provide the parishioners the opportunity to package meals annually on Palm Sunday weekend.
Meal Fundraisers—parishioners are informed in the bulletin of breakfast or supper fundraisers held at different parishes.
Easy as Pie Fundraiser is held in the spring.
- Parishioners order and pay for pies in advance to be ready for their Easter meal or a later date.
- All parishioners are invited to volunteer their time or supplies.
- Parish volunteers assemble and freeze the pies in the Rochleau Center on a designated Saturday.
- Parishioners pick them up after Mass times on the same weekend to bake at their convenience.
Fall Festival Fundraiser:
- Games with Chicken n Biscuit, burgers, or hot dogs meal is held in the Parish Center and church grounds on a Sunday in September.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day for raffle items.
- Silent Auction items and Country Store items donated or crafted by parishioners are also available.
- For more information contact:
Mary Bleich (515-341- 0225) or Gaylene McGuire (515-890-1714)